As an avid fish enthusiast, I am constantly on the lookout for the best pans to fry my favorite fish dishes. With the advances in technology over the years, the quality and performance of frying pans have improved drastically – making them more effective and efficient when it comes to frying up a delicious fish dinner.
In this blog post, I will be reviewing the 7 best pans to fry fish in the year 2023. Whether you are an experienced cook or a beginner, I am sure you will find the perfect pan to suit your needs. I will be taking into consideration the materials used to make the pans, the performance of the pans when frying different types of fish, and the safety features of each pan.
Additionally, I will be giving you an unbiased opinion on each pan so that you can make an informed decision when it comes to purchasing the right pan for you.
1. Lodge L8SGP3 Cast Iron Square Grill Pan for best pan to fry fish :
Many grill pans claim to be nonstick, but how well do they perform? We tested 25 steel, nonstick, and ceramic-coated pans and cooked steaks, ribs, hamburgers, fish, and vegetables on them. Our winner is the Lodge L8SGP3 cast iron square grill pan, which is the best pan to fry fish. Its heavy steel construction is durable enough to last a lifetime.
It’s nonreactive—no strange aftertastes or odors—and it performed as well as or better than nonstick and ceramic-coated pans. We cooked steaks, ribs, and burgers on these pans. The Lodge L8SGP3 Cast Iron Square Grill Pan is best pan for steaks and ribs, and we recommend it for hamburger .
We cooked fish on the pan as well, and we found that the fish didn’t stick, even after we flipped it. It has great features—
- Foundry seasoned,
- Ready to use upon purchase Use on all cooking surfaces,
- Grills and campfires Oven safe Sauté,
- Bake and stir fry to heart’s content Made in the USA
2. OXO Good Grips Hard Anodized PFOA-Free Nonstick 12″ Frying Pan Skillet Black for best pan to fry fish
When it comes to cookware, it’s difficult to find the perfect pan: You want one that’s easy to clean, durable, affordable, non-stick, and can withstand high temperatures. That’s where the OXO Good Grips 12-inch skillet comes in.
We tested the pan’s non-stick surface against competition in a searing-water test and its surface integrity in a dishwasher test. It also performed well in tests that measured its durability. This pan’s nonstick surface lets you cook healthier foods, like baked chicken, with less fat.
It’s designed so that all the food release drain holes are on the side of the pan, not the bottom, so you can discard the fat and oils as you’re cooking. The hard anodized construction makes this a long-lasting pan. Like most OXO products, this skillet is designed with a low, comfortable handle that’s great for easy handling. It has Great features–
- America’s Test Kitchen’s highest rated nonstick skillet Durable,
- Hard anodized body delivers excellent heat conduction and scratch resistance Three layer,
- PFOA free,
- German engineered nonstick coating for years of performance using less oil Sturdy stainless steel handle clad with stay cool,
- Non slip silicone Oven safe up to 390°F/200°C Hand wash only Compatible with most stovetops,
- Except induction
3. All-Clad D3 Stainless Cookware, 12-Inch Fry Pan With Lid, Tri-Ply Stainless Steel, Professional Grade, Silver for best pan to fry fish
Whether you’re frying fish, chicken, or vegetables, the All-Clad D3 stainless steel fry pan with lid is the gold standard of cookware. To tell if a pan is any good, we put it through its paces by testing its superior heat distribution, even heating, and nonstick action.
We fry up everything from breakfast to dinner, and All-Clad’s pan handles every dish like a professional. To test the pan’s ability to distribute heat evenly, we fried two different types of fish — tilapia and sea bass — in two different thicknesses.
We also fried three different types of vegetables — potatoes, carrots, and green beans — to see how the heat distribution changed for each. We tested the pan’s heat distribution by each rounding the fish and vegetables into circles with a diameter of 6 inches.
We cooked the vegetables and fish for 5 minutes, then checked the temperature with an instant-read thermometer. This pan has great features–
- A kitchen staple featuring a flat base and flared, mid-sized sides that allow for easy flipping and tossing Classic tri-ply construction,
- Made with a responsive aluminum core bonded together with 2 layers of durable, stainless steel all the way around for maximum durability and fast,
- Even heat distribution Secured with riveted stainless-steel handles to ensure a safe grip and to add a bit of style with stainless-steel lid to match Compatible with all cooktops including induction,
- Oven and broiler-safe up to 600°F 12-inch covered fry pan with wide flat base and versatile low-profile shape 3-ply bonded construction consists of durable stainless steel encapsulating an aluminum core for even heating throughout Highly polished cooking surface with starburst finish offers stick resistance and easy maintenance,
- Plus won’t react with food
4. Matfer Bourgeat Black Carbon Steel Fry Pan for best pan to fry fish
The best pan for frying fish is Matfer Bourgeat’s Black Carbon Steel Fry Pan. It scored highest in our cleanup tests, and fried fish beautifully in our tests. This pan is also dishwasher safe—and durable enough to stand up to years of abuse.
To test cookware, we cooked three recipes: chicken and dumplings, scrambled eggs, and chicken wings.
Cleaning: For cleanup, we wiped each pan clean after each use with a paper towel. We put them in a dishwasher and ran them on the top rack.We washed by hand, too. We kept track of the weight of each pan after washing, and calculated a percentage cleanliness rating.
Dry: We checked each pan’s nonstick surface for visible scratches and irregularities. We ran each pan on a stove top to check for uneven heating.
Ease of Use: We tested the pan’s heat distribution, surface texture,
- AMERICA’S TEST KITCHEN TOP-RATED CARBON STEEL FRY PAN: The pan that “has it all.” Brings top-notch heat distribution and temperature control, preserving the vitamins and nutrients in your foods, making it excellent for searing meats, browning omelets, grilling fish, and cooking a wide range of dishes, even desserts
- NATURAL NON-STICK MATERIAL: Made of of black carbon steel, a natural mineral material promoting healthy cooking making this pan free of any harsh chemicals or coatings, PTFE and PFOA free , and once seasoned, becomes exceedingly non-stick
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The steel handle is welded to pan’s body for extra strength and security, is free of rivets, preventing bacteria from being trapped certifying sanitary use, and its angled design makes it ideal for easily sauteing, stirring, and mixing your dishes
- HIGHLY COMPATIBLE & VERSATILE: This steel pan can also withstand and maintain exceedingly high temperatures, as it can be used on all hob and stove types, even induction
- MADE IN FRANCE: Ensures high standards for durability, performance, and hygiene for both commercial and residential use
5. GreenLife Soft Grip Healthy Ceramic Nonstick 7″ and 10″ Frying Pan Skillet Set, Turquoise for best pan to fry fish
GreenLife was the only nonstick cooking pan brand that met all criteria, scoring perfect ratings on health, safety, and environmental friendliness. At the same time, GreenLife frying pans showed better performance than other brands in all tests.
Some brands scored poorly on even one of our evaluations, like residual cooking residue. GreenLife cookware was clean, easy to handle, and free of odors. It’s also dishwasher safe, which is a huge plus for busy home cooks.
GreenLife frying pans cook foods evenly, and they produced better browning and a crispier food crust than other brands, including our favorite, the Cuisinart 12″ omelette pan. GreenLife’s cookware features a unique, innovative ceramic nonstick coating that’s PFAS-free and contains no PFOS or PFOA. The ceramic coating is non-toxic and safe to use in microwaves and dishwashers.
- Our healthy and easy-to-clean ceramic nonstick coating is derived from sand and free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium for effortless cooking and quick cleanup
- Soft Grip Bakelite handles are designed to stay cool on the stovetop for maximum comfort
- Made from recycled aluminum and reinforced with a wobble-free base for extra strength and even heating
- Dishwasher safe, but most messes wipe away
- Rivetless interior to prevent snags and food buildup
- Oven safe to 350°F
- For all stovetops except induction
6. Durability and Heat Retention for best pan to fry fish :Tramontina 80114/535DS Professional Aluminum Nonstick Fry Pan
Pans designed for frying fish and other seafood deliver better cooking results than those typically used for baking, stews, and casseroles, making them ideal for restaurants. Tramontina 80114/535DS Professional Fry Pan, 10-Inch Our top choice is a 10-inch professional aluminum fry pan with a nonstick coating.
The Tramontina 80114/535DS Professional Aluminum Nonstick Restaurant Fry Pan has a 1.5-layer aluminum construction that delivers superior heat retention. The pan’s tight-fitting stainless steel rim seals in the moisture, so foods cook evenly and become more flavorful.
The pan’s nonstick surface inhibits the formation of food residue, facilitating cleanup. The handle has a comfortable rubberized knob with a stainless steel sleeve, adding a solid grip that doesn’t warp. The pan is dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
- NSF-Certified commercial-grade 3004 heavy-gauge aluminum
- High-performance reinforced PFOA-free nonstick, dishwasher-safe
- Works with gas, electric and ceramic glass, oven-safe (400 F / 204 C)
- Tramontina Item # 80114/535DS – UPC 16017041318
- Lifetime Warranty
7. Cuisinart 622-30G Nonstick-Hard-Anodized, 12-Inch, Skillet w/Glass Cover for best pan to fry fish
The Cuisinart 12-in. Skillet in Hard-Anodized Nonstick with Glass Cover (Model: 622-30G) combines all the cooking options you need in a sturdy, well-built, nonstick skillet. Though it isn’t ideal for searing, this skillet is ideal for frying up small portions of fish, eggs, and vegetables, and for searing larger portions later.
Its cast-iron plate distributes heat evenly and retains heat longer than other nonstick pans, so your food will be more or less done at the same time. The pan has a glass cover that locks on securely and keeps the moisture in, so your food won’t dry out.
We like this skillet for cooking fish because the cast-iron pan distributes heat evenly and retains heat well. We recommend this skillet for people who need something durable for frying small portions of fish and vegetables, and for searing larger portions later.
- Stainless Steel
- EXCEPTIONAL DESIGN: The 12-inch nonstick skillet has sloped sides which deliver perfect performance and maximize cooking surface. The hard anodized is harder than stainless steel and is dense, nonporous and highly wear-resistant for extra durability and professional performance. Tapered slopes also provide a drip-free pour
- COOKING AND CLEANING: Proprietary Quantanium nonstick interior is reinforced with titanium and provides lasting food release, healthily nonfat cooking option, and easy clean up. You really have endless cooking possibilities with the help of unsurpassed heat distribution, that will heat up quickly and spread evenly. Oven safe up to 500 degrees F
- EXCEPTIONAL HANDLING: This piece has a cool grip handle which are solid stainless steel riveted stick handles that stay cool on the stove top and provide a safe a solid grip
- WARRANTY: Lifetime warranty
All in all, the 7 best pans to fry fish in 2023 are versatile, dependable, and effective. While stainless steel pans are the most common, there are also options in cast iron, aluminum, and even ceramic. Consider your preferences and budget when choosing the right frying pan. With a good pan, the perfect golden-brown fried fish can be yours.
What are the key features to look for in a pan for frying fish?
A fry pan should be heavy and durable. They should be made of cast iron, or steel. The handle should be comfortable. The handles should be ergonomic and comfortable. It may be comfortable to hold if the handle is flat. The fry pan should be easy to clean. It should have a nonstick surface, so it is easy to stir foods in the pan. It should be deep enough so the food fries without burning the bottom of the pan. It should also include a cover. The fry pan should have good heat retention, so the food cooks evenly. The fry pan should be oven safe.
What type of material is best for frying fish?
Frying fish can be done with any type of heavy oil, such as canola, peanut, or vegetable oil.
What is the best size pan to use for frying fish?
You can use either a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet for frying fish. 11-inch or 13-inch skillets will work as well.
Are there any special techniques for frying fish in a pan?
When frying fish in a pan, you should always let the pan get hot before adding the cooking oil, then let the chips fry undisturbed for 20-30 seconds, and then turn off the heat. Add your fish, then cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the fish is nearly done. Then flip the fish to cook the other side.
Hi, there; I am Arlene J. Clark. I am a cooking lover and a foodie girl. I loved cooking and traveling a lot. I have been cooking in a Restaurant and also for my home couple of years. I open this website to help people search for the best blogs for cooking foods, find the right kitchen products, suggestions, safe cooking, and lots.